With the cancellation of our live event, we're getting creative!
Our Virtual Gala is uncharted territory for us. In less than six weeks, we’ve converted our silent auction to online bidding. Thank you for your support (and patience).
WHEN IS THE VIRTUAL GALA?
Our Virtual Gala is scheduled on our original live fundraiser date — Saturday, April 25, 2020. This is also World Malaria Day so it’s a great time to support our work in Ouelessebougou, Mali, West Africa.
The silent auction will be open from 8 am – 11 pm.
WHO CAN BID ON THE AUCTION?
The silent auction will be open to the public. Bidders must pre-register and create an account on our virtual auction website to participate. A valid credit card is required to bid on the silent auction or make an online donation to Support the Mission.
Help us spread the word!
How DO I REGISTER to bid?
Registration will be open starting Monday, April 20th.
1. Get started by creating an account.
2. Enter your email address. You will be sent an email to confirm.
3. Click the link in the email you received to the address you entered. You will be redirected to create your account information. Credit card information is secure and is not stored by The Alliance.
4. Enter the required information. Please also enter a mobile number so you can receive updates throughout the day. You will be required to enter a credit card to be able to bid.
5. Once you have entered all your information, you are ready to start bidding online when the silent auction opens on Saturday, April 25th.
6. If you get logged out of the bidding site, you can log back in with the email and password you created.
7. If you have technical difficulties or would like to be walked through this process over the phone, please call us at 801-467-2870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as soon possible.
What if i only want to make a donation and not bid on the silent auction?
Please help us continue to provide critical health and education programs to the people of Mali by making a donation. You can help Support the Mission by making a financial contribution to our organization. 100% of this donation is tax-deductible and will be used wisely to address the most urgent humanitarian needs in 2020.
1. Donations can be made online from April 20th – April 25th. We are also accepting donations by check. You can mail your donation to Ouelessebougou Alliance, 525 East 4500 South Suite F115, Millcreek, UT 84107.
2. To make an online donation, you must first create an account. For more detailed information, follow the Pre-Register to Bid instructions.
3. Once you’ve registered, you can click on the DONATION button displayed on the Home Page. It is found below the sponsorship banner, in the silent auction pages and in the category menu.
4. Remember, every donation counts! Even a small contribution makes a BIG impact!
HOW IS MY DONATION USED ?
The Alliance works hard to honor the investment you make to our organization. Our donors can feel confident knowing their assistance goes directly to serve the specific community of Ouelessebougou. In 2018 – 2019, 90% of expenses went directly to our programs.
To see how you’re making an impact, check out our Annual Report.
how do i BROWSE ITEMS and BID?
Placing a bid is simple! Once you try it you’ll get the hang of it and then you’ll get the chance to win some great stuff! For a quick visual tour, click here or you can read below for more detailed instructions.
1. You can bid using your mobile device or your computer. Using a laptop or computer seems to be the easiest way to navigate all of the items and gives you a better view of the images.
2. All of the items appear on the main page when you log into the bidding site. At anytime you can click “Home” on top of the page to return to this main view. To see all the items, just scroll down to show more. Simply click on the item to view.
3. To view a specific category, click on the hamburger menu (the three lines) in the upper left hand corner and a sidebar menu will appear. Here you will see a section titled “Categories” and you can scroll down and to click on a certain section of items. Categories are the same as what you’d see at our live event: African, Art, Children’s, Dining, Entertainment, Electronics, Health & Beauty, Home & Garden, Jewelry, Sports & Recreation, and Travel & Getaways.
4. In the sidebar menu, there’s also an option to click on the “No Bids” link. Here you will see items without bids that are still available.
5. Find something you like? Clicking on the item will give you a closeup of the image, which is a great spot to look at the current bid price and value. Also, there are options for how you’d like to bid: Bid, Bid More, Buy.
6. Just browsing? On each item there is a star. If you click on that star, it will turn yellow and the item will be added to your “Favorites”. These are the items you are watching and can be quickly reviewed by clicking “Favorites” at the top of the page. Adding it to your “Favorites” does not mean you are placing a bid.
7. Ready to bid? When you click a button, you’ll be given a choice to confirm the kind of bid you wish to make. When you’re satisfied, click ‘OK’ to place a bid. You will get notifications throughout the day via email or a text if you’ve been outbid. Once the bidding closes at 11 pm on April 25th, you’ll get a notification if you won. A receipt will be emailed to you after the event.
8. If you are having trouble bidding or have any questions about items, we’re here to help! Please reach out to us via email at email@example.com or call 801-467-2870 and we will respond as soon as possible.
WILL YOU BE HAVING A LIVE AUCTION?
There will be a couple of exciting Live Auction items available to bid on. These will be announced during the day of Saturday, April 25th. To stay up to date on these opportunities, be sure to follow us on social media.
Facebook: Ouelessebougou Alliance
WHAT ABOUT ITEMS THAT MAY BE AFFECTED BY RESTRICTIONS FROM COVID-19?
We have the most amazing community of supporters for our silent auction. Businesses, organizations and individuals from Utah and neighboring states have generously given in-kind donations so we can still hold an auction virtually. Many are struggling with restrictions, closures and cancellations yet they are still giving to the Alliance. We are extremely grateful and encourage you to support these donors by supporting their businesses during this challenging time.
The Alliance has endeavored to correctly describe the most up-to-date COVID-19 information on dining, entertainment, sports, travel and more. Many items have extended or have no expiration dates. Others will honor the certificates if events or performances get rescheduled. Please read the descriptions carefully and take the ever-changing situation with COVID-19 restrictions into consideration.
Click here for more details about the Virtual Auction’s Terms & Conditions.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY WINNING ITEMS?
Our goal is to have all items in the hands of our winning bidders by May 9, 2020. We will communicate with each winning bidder to arrange for either home delivery or pick-up of items while honoring the regulations of social distancing.
We will hold an Auction Pick-Up Day on Saturday, May 2nd where winners can stop by our office in Millcreek between 9 am – 12 pm. Our office is located at 525 East 4500 South Suite F115. You may drive-up in our parking lot, text us and we will bring out your items to you.
For out-of-state bidders, we can arrange to ship your items to you; however, the cost must be covered by the winner. If you’d still like to participate, we recommend that you bid on certificates that we can mail to you or you can contribute to our Support the Mission campaign.